Best step in harnesses 2021
While they’re commonly what is seen on TV, using your dog’s collar for holding on to the leash is not the best for your dog. Has your dog ever tried rushing over to play with another dog or to chase after a cat? Now imagine how that collar will feel around their neck as it suddenly pulls against their throat, not exactly ideal.
Harnesses are designed to securely hold your dog without putting pressure on sensitive areas. One of the most popular types of harness is the step in harness, which as the name suggests is designed for your dog to step into with its front legs before being secured around its back, which makes for a safe and secure hold.
Best step in harnesses 2020
- Great for smaller dogs (up to around 35 lbs)
- Can be adjusted to fit tightly around your dog to avoid them escaping without being too constrictive
- Padded shoulders to avoid hurting your dog when they try to run off
- The buckles are made from the same material as seat belt buckles, so are lightweight and strong
- Can be machine washed (on cold)
- Has two reflective bands near the neck (we feel these could do with being a bit bigger).
- Made with a soft, breathable air mesh to allow your dog to wear it all year round.
- Uses velcro and a plastic buckle on the back to make securing the step in harness quick and easy.
- Double D-rings on the back for securing the leash
Getting a step in harness is a great way to ensure that if your dog pulls on the leash they aren’t choking themselves or potentially damaging their throat. Hopefully one of the above will perfectly meet your needs and will suit your furry best friend!